Divine Metronome

Object to be Destroyed by Man Ray



Time passes each day. 
I look up at the sun
Thinking "God, I can't stare too long."

The insanity of this life is like drowning.
Frowning into your eyes I see
Perhaps you can never become
My father, though you are my dad.

Through you I once saw God,
And the lies made me so sick,
The transmission so clouded and fuzzy,
That my sight became blindness
And my thoughts poisonous lies.

Now I house a spirit which is both furious
And awakening.
It burns away all the rubbish
And defeat.

I look at the sun thinking,
"God I can't stare too long."
But I stare anyways,
Burning my eyes until I see something worth looking at.


Comments

  1. Wow Becky this is amazing and bravely honest! Recovery is an awakening that brings out hope and many emotions that have been hidden from the sun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mag 27: The Wails of a Rusty Pipe

A True Writer

Sunday Muse #192