Words

Your words hold me prisoner. Like Andy Dufresne,

I am held captive despite my innocence.

Like him, I am a convict of the circumstances,

A convict living within the boundaries of your mind

And I peer out of the cage

Always dreaming of the Pacific that remembers nothing.

I dream of a wave that will wash away my memory as it crashes.



I could look upon this as inevitable,

Just bad luck.

Perhaps it is.

But I dream so vividly of a life with possibilities

And I wonder how this could ever be reality.



We are not victims of circumstance,

We are warriors in our own lives.

Sometimes holding nothing

But words on a crinkled page.



And perhaps your shield is too thick,

To ever be pierced.

Comments

  1. "perhaps your shield is too thick,"....or maybe your heart too big.....or your talent too great to be wasted....this is a beautiful write Becky! I love it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mag 27: The Wails of a Rusty Pipe

A True Writer

Sunday Muse #192