Words Revised

Your words held me prisoner. 

Like Andy Dufresne,
I was held captive despite my innocence.
Like him, I was a convict of the circumstances.
A convict living within the boundaries of your mind.
And I peered out of the cage,


Always dreaming of the Pacific that remembers nothing.

I dreamt of a wave that would wash away my memory as it crashed.


I could have looked upon this as inevitable,
Just bad luck, and perhaps it was.


But I dreamt so vividly of a life with possibilities
And I wondered how it could have ever been reality.


We are not victims of circumstance,
We are warriors in our own lives.
Sometimes holding nothing
But words on a crinkled page.

Comments

  1. You dreamt of a life with possibities - as have we all. Well written...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing lines in this! Love the strenght in these words. I am with Tess warrior indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "words on a crinkled page." They can be powerful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very creative and talented!! Great blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mag 27: The Wails of a Rusty Pipe

A True Writer

Sunday Muse #192