Mag 96: Goodbye




You.

You think you're going to.
But you're not.

Things are different now.
Now I can say no.
Or walk away.

I will stand here
I will not hide
My feelings are clear
No illusions.

Control is an illusion.
You have nothing.
Even though you have everything.
I can't be bought.

Power is an illusion.
I know what you're thinking.
And its sad but its true.
I don't think you're thinking.
What I am.

So walk away.
Just turn around.
I'll be sad.
But I know its not for me.

When I close the door.
Don't come back.
It's hard to say it,
Because my heart wants to comfort you.
But it will only hurt.

Comments

  1. sometimes you have to draw that line in the sand and start fresh...nice write..it will hurt but might be better off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Go Away poem, with an underlying sense of regret at parting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A woman who knows what she wants -- and does not want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wise young lady indeed.....knowing the truth is a beautiful thing even in the hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the feeback! This was not my best poem, I just kind of freewrote it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Beautifully written. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mag 27: The Wails of a Rusty Pipe

A True Writer

Sunday Muse #192