Mag 95 : A Bad Date

You just stood there that day. You said you were sinking.
My heart beat eagerly just to touch you.
And have an adventure.

But you just looked at your boots,
Then at me.
Confused. Puzzled.

I ran into the ocean because it was warmer than you,
In December.
You were so uncomfortable,
I wondered if you were even a man.
But you weren't.

I know a man would have followed me in.
He would have taken that opportunity.
I'll never understand it.
Why that moment wasn't with you.
When I stood in the gray ocean
And felt the waves on my warm thighs.
Splashing. A dripping shirt tail.

How I wanted to catch a good one this time.


Comments

  1. Hello,

    Hope all is well,
    Glad to land on your island that showcase fabulous poetry talent, way to go!!!

    Welcome join us by submitting a free verse or a poem of your choice today,

    Cheers.

    Happy New Year!
    Bless You.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mag 27: The Wails of a Rusty Pipe

A True Writer

Sunday Muse #192